We took the baby to her first trip to the White House today (October 30th). We were supposed to be attending an arrival ceremony on the lawn. The President was supposed to be arriving at 12:55 and we were to be there at 12:15. Well, he decided to run early and got there at noon instead. So, as we were getting into the cab we saw Marine 1 landing. We missed it. I was sad as I wanted Elizabeth to meet the President. I figure whether you like him or not, he is the President when Elizabeth was born and it would have been nice to tell her that she "saw" him when she was five months old. We did get a nice, behind the scenes tour. We also got to tour the EEOB (Executive Offices). We also got to wait for a bit in the First Ladies sitting room. Elizabeth was really cranky because she hadn't eaten for four and a half hours. Her bottle had gotten cold on the cab ride over and she wouldn't take it that way so I had to get out my cover and nurse. I know that may be too much information for some but I think it is funny because I can always tell her she got to nurse in the White House. LOL! How many babies can say that? We also got to have a nice lunch with Terry and Dayle!! We went to Old Ebbit Grill afterwards. It was nice and the baby was well-behaved. Here's a picture of Elle and Dayle!! Jeremy didn't really get a picture with both of their faces! We'll get one next time I guess.
It has been getting cold here and we haven't been able to go on as many walks. I am going to miss that when winter arrives. Elizabeth enjoys being outside and we'll have to find other fun things to do inside. We have been getting some cute pictures in her winter hats though. Here's one!
1 comments:
Amy-she is ADORABLE in her winter hat!!! So cute!!!
Sorry you guys missed seeing the pres but glad you guys got to go on a "field trip"! Can't wait to see her ladybug pics!
Post a Comment