Monday, September 15, 2008

We're adjusting...

Well, it seems that Elizabeth is adjusting well to her new babysitter, Sandra. She's always happy when I arrive and Sandra and her assistant talk about how good she is. We love Sandra too! She's so friendly, happy, and full of energy. She gives me tons of information about Elizabeth each day and really keeps me informed. She seems to enjoy the baby. She always kisses her head each day and tells her that she is so beautiful. She did mention that she loves to be played with all the time and doesn't like to be alone. Hopefully, it's not a sign that she won't be able to continue watching her. I don't want to go through the process of finding someone new again. I am paranoid whenever she isn't a little angel all day! Sandra sends me an email almost daily to let me know how Elle is. She even attaches pictures. It's so nice to see my baby during the day...even if it is not "for real". Here is a picture from today that she sent to me. She looks so happy! Check out the bib from Grandma Verna...yes, it is camouflage. LOL!





Elizabeth was sick for the very first time last Friday. I knew that it would happen soon as she is now around so many kiddos. I was hoping that nursing would hold that off for a little longer. I think it does help though as she was pretty sick on Friday, but it seemed to nearly clear up by Saturday. It was actually good for mama to get a day off too as I got to rest a little while we napped together. Dad gets to stay home with her this Friday as she has her four month appt. (she gets her shots). I am glad to be missing that appointment. Shots are so heartbreaking to watch being given to your little one. Elizabeth now weighs 15 1/2 lbs. It's insane how large she is. I have no idea why this babe is so big!! She was in the 95th percentile for weight at her 8 week appt. According to a website I found, her new weight is in the 88th percentile. We'll see what the Dr. says this week. She doesn't overeat that I know of. She does maybe eat too many times during the night as she is still waking up about twice. While at Sandra's, she eats anywhere from 8-14 oz.'s in 8 hrs. It is acceptable to have up to 30 oz.'s daily at this time. We'll see if she continues on this path or if she'll eventually even out. I did read that nursing babies often grow quickly at first and then plateau. She was born fairly big so we'll see.

In other news, I started school and my classes are both pretty nice. The students are doing well adjusting to rules and routines. It has been so much less stressful than my morning class last year. I have even numbers of boys and girls (17 boys and 8 girls last year) and I am not pregnant. That helps a ton. We have only been in school for ten days so far so I haven't accumulated too many stories yet, but I will be sure to post them as they come. There are bound to be a few.

Have a great week everyone! Here are some more pics!

I like this picture because it shows her little dimple that is starting to appear on her cheek!


Getting stronger each day. She is so close to rolling over. She gets mad though and starts screaming before she gets flipped all the way over.

2 comments:

kathryn said...

It sounds like you have a gem of a babysitter. What a relief it must be to know she's in good hands! She is so beautiful!

Chris said...

She is definitely a cutie! Glad to hear that your year is going well.