Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Break

This week was spring break for me. We were lucky as it lined up perfectly with a trip from Grandma and Grandpa Mishler. Gary had to come out to Myrtle Beach for a retirement conference and we were able to head to the beach and spend time together. We had a great time, despite the cold weather. We had many great dinners and Elizabeth was quite the ham. She wanted nothing to do with mommy and was even sad when we went back to our room in the evening. She wanted to stay and play with Grandma and Grandpa. She even got to see Aunt Shawn...she drove up from Columbia. Here are some pictures...

Elle standing in the window of the hotel. She loved looking out at the ocean!

Here is Elizabeth with Grandma and Grandpa.

Elizabeth in her swimsuit getting ready to go to the pool!

Grandma, myself, and Elle at the beach!!! It was such a windy and cold day!

I haven't posted in awhile and Elizabeth has been growing like a weed. She is a chunky monkey although she hasn't been weighed recently. I cannot wait until next month to see how much she has grown since her last appt. She's been hitting many milestones. She is standing up and letting go of things for extended periods of time now. She likes to see if we notice and claps when she lets go of things. She also walks behind her push toy. It seems as if she'll walk soon. We'll see if she does before her first birthday. I cannot believe she'll be one next month. It's insane!! I am starting to plan her birthday party and I am hoping she'll have fun even if she doesn't remember it! ;) Elle also loves to play peek-a-boo (she'll hide or hold something over her face), pat her mouth and make noise (can't remember what that's called), point at things and say "dah?" Her voice goes up like she's asking a question. I wonder if she's asking what something is. It's too cute. She says mama, dada, and nana. She is rambling all kinds of other things now but there are no actual words in there yet. She's getting so big and I just cannot believe that this time last year I was getting ready for her arrival. I don't know what I'd do without her. I just love her so much. :-)

3 comments:

kathryn said...

You're making me get all teary-eyed! Isn't it strange to think a year ago it was just "the two of you"? And now you really can't even fathom life w/o her? Blows my mind!

She is absolutely precious! Such a beautiful little girl. It's so exciting watching her hit all these wonderful milestones!

Chris said...

Elle looks too cute in her little swimsuit. Glad to hear that you had a great spring break. Have fun planning her 1st birthday party. In some ways, I think it's more for the parents than for her anyway. ;)

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

She is so pretty and the way her hair grows reminds me of Audrey's.
I am so glad you got to go home to see family!