Thursday, March 12, 2009

9 months old!!

Elizabeth is currently a little over 9 months old. She had her appt. back on March 3rd. Daddy took her to her appt. and she is doing well. She is crawling, pulling up and cruising on the furniture, saying dada, mama, and nana. She was luckily not anemic. She had a little stick to the toe and she didn't even cry. She was 20 lbs. 4 oz.'s and 29 inches long. When she was born she was 8 lbs. 2 oz.'s and 21 1/2 inches. She is actually thinning out a tiny bit. She was 20 lbs. 7 oz's at her 8 month ear infection appt. She has had a lot of trouble with ear infections lately. She is currently on antibiotics for her third ear infection since Christmas. They finally decided to try a stronger antibiotic and we go in on Tuesday to see if the infection is gone and the fluid is draining. The pedi said we may have to talk about tubes if they're not clearing up. I hope the poor girl doesn't need to get those. Her sleep has never stabilized and I really think a large part of it has to do with these ear infections. She is starting to sleep longer and I hope it is a sign of good things to come. Elle is also currently getting her first tooth. We noticed it last Friday and now you can feel the sharp little tip. It's her bottom tooth on the left side. Elizabeth recently switched over to all table food. She's never been much of a baby food lover. Miss Sandra mentioned that she was not interested and thought that she would be fine with her menu. I decided that would be alright. She has since had lentil soup, chicken noodle soup, and pasta. I am glad she is eating more solid food. It was tough before I started feeding her table food. She is also drinking a little formula now. So, it is easier for momma to run out, if needed. No worries about thawing milk out, etc. We're going to be working on weaning soon and transferring to whole milk. I think in the 11th month I will start adding a little at a time to her bottles. She's growing up so fast. Well, that's all for now. Have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Jace and Lexa said...

Jace has tubes in his ears and although he STILL gets ear infections they are great! We know right away when he has one because they start draining. You guys will have a big one-year b-day so soon!! Exciting! :)

kathryn said...

Wow! She IS growing fast! Hooray for little teeth! I so hope she doesn't have to get tubes either, but if it will make her feel better....

It's so funny you mentioned Elle squirming and "playing" when feeding. Avarie is doing that, too. It's like trying to wrestle an alligator some days!

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

Sorry I am late reading this-congrats on her first tooth! Sorry for all the ear infections. :-(