Monday, August 25, 2008

It's been a long week...

Well, this past week has been tough on us all...well, maybe not for Jeremy. Elizabeth began going to Jen's house. She has had some adjusting to do and seems to overall be just fine with the situation. I have noticed that she is a bit more tired than usual when she gets home. I want her to stay up and play with me and she wants to sleep. Go figure. She's been napping well while at the sitter. The naps have been way longer than she takes at home. She is a catnapper around here. She wasn't really eating when she first started taking her. She would eat three to four ounces in the entire day. Elizabeth is a big eater and would have normally done at least twelve. I wasn't worried though as she could make up for it in the evening, but was hoping she would start eating in the future. She did! As you know from the last post, she wasn't taking to the bottle too well even after trying for twelve weeks. Today when I picked her up she had eaten 9 ounces. That is a significant improvement. She didn't fight the bottle either. We practiced all weekend with a new bottle! She has decided that she likes the Playtex Natural Latch nipples that go with the drop-in liners. Go figure again...we have to spend more money to get the liners over and over. But, if she's going to eat then I will pay the small amount extra. I have to say they are much easier to clean.

I have finally adjusted to taking her to Jen's house although I miss her like crazy all day long. Like I said before, Jen is great so it is a little easier to take in. On her first day, I cried and cried. I didn't accomplish much that day except for clock watching. On the second day, I didn't break down until ten o'clock. By Friday, I figured it was all going to be okay. It was a little harder this morning after the weekend but I will survive. I just wonder what she is doing during the day and I wish that I could hold and snuggle her. They are only little once and I just don't want to miss anything.


Over the weekend, we played and played. Elizabeth has just started enjoying her exersaucer. She really is a bit young for it as most babies use them around four months or so (I think), but she likes it for a few minutes at a time. Here she is playing in it!!

On a sad note, our cat is missing. We have no idea what happened. My theory is that she got out on Elizabeth's first day at the babysitter. That would have been on August 20th. I had to take out quite a few things to the car and left the door open in between trips. Usually I see the cat run ou and can get her back in the house. I didn't see her this time and didn't notice her run out when I turned on the car to go. I was a little preoccupied anyway because I was upset to return to work. The worst part is that we didn't even notice she was gone until Friday night. She isn't that fond of me and doesn't usually come out until Jeremy gets home so it is normal for me to not really have much interaction with her. However, Friday night I thought of her and asked if Jeremy had seen her and he said he had not and remembers feeding her Wednesday morning. Her food was still full. We have been on the lookout in the neighborhood but have not yet found her. She is afraid of strangers so I am a little worried about her well being. I hope that someone is taking care of her and I hope that Maggie finds her way back home. We have been so distracted with the baby that she hasn't had the most attention lately. Poor cat. :(

2 comments:

Chris said...

It's tough leaving them... Hope your cat returns safe and sound too.

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

so sorry your cat is missing! cute pic of Elle in the exersaucer!